Wednesday 5 June 2013

ELF Contouring Blusher + Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia | Review + Swatches.

Over a month ago I picked up some more bargains from ELFs online store, they were having up to 50% off and I think the delivery may have been free also. They're always having amazing sales!
I picked up a few things, one of these was the St. Lucia blusher and bronzer duo (£3.75), I'd read that it's a dupe for the NARS Laguna and Orgasm duo. This wasn't the reason I went for it though, I just think the colours are pretty. I'm easily pleased. If you were looking for this to be a dupe then you'd be out of luck. This bronzer isn't matte and the blusher is too light and too pink when blended.

The packaging however is reminiscent of the NARS packaging, slightly rounded and rubberised casing (not quite as rubbery though, so doesn't get so mucky). It's quite large, but not so large you wouldn't be able to carry it around and you can't really complain though as it's housing two products!
I'm not sure but I had a look on the website again and I can only find this duo in the cream version now.






As it is I really like the blusher, it's a lovely shimmery pink, quite pale. Something that was missing from my blusher collection actually.
I'm not such a huge fan of the bronzer however as I dislike the shimmer and I found it to be patchy on application. It was a decent shade for my pale skin, not too orange like most bronzers. I just couldn't make it work for me. Sleeks contouring powder in light is still my favourite, I find bronzers tend to be too much for my complexion!

Blusher: Bottom - Swatched, Top - Blended.

Bronzer: Bottom - Swatched, Top - Blended.

L-R: Bronzer - Swatched, Blended, Blusher - Swatched, Blended.

The Good.

Only £3.75.
Nice colours/shades.
Blusher blends well.
Pretty colour for summer.
Sleek packaging.
Mirror included.

The Bad.

Lots of fall out.
Bronzer patchy.
Bronzer too shimmery for me.
Can't find it online anymore.

I know it doesn't look like it in the swatches but the bronzer really was patchy and hard to blend on my cheeks. Overall I wouldn't recommend this duo, probably best to stick to their blushers, or try another brand, although for the price it's not bad at all.
What do you think? Have you tried this, or something similar?

7 comments:

  1. I have this as well. I normally just use the blush side, Im not a fan of bronzer lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me who dislikes it!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not too keen on that bronzer, but that pale pink blush is adorable. I love how well it blends in. I also love the price! It's a shame you can't find it online anymore. Lilie x

    mintcandylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best, I agree. There was a cream version and a different duo as well. I maybe just missed it though, so I'd have a look if I were you :)

      Xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jenny!

    I love the pretty pink blush. The bronzer could be used as a shimmery brown eyeshadow if ya wanted to. :)

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good idea, it might be less patchy on top of a primer too.
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Problem :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...