Sunday 26 January 2014

So, it's been a while...

Where to start? Happy new year I guess! Even that seems a bit redundant now seeing as it's almost February. How is everyone? Healthy and happy I hope!?

As you may be able to tell I slipped out of the whole blogging thing for quite some time...around 7 months I'd say. Perhaps this was to do with my new job completely stressing me out to begin with. Thankfully it's calmed down and I'm glad Christmas is out of the way. Working in hospitality is no fun at that time of year, or so I believe. A lot of people seem to really enjoy it, I guess I'm just not as enthused by it all. Got my head down and working as hard as I can though. Most of the time anyway!

A few of my friends got married and/or engaged at the end of this year and also right at the start of 2014. Everyone seems so loved up at the moment, it's been very exciting! That being said I'm starting to feel like I'm getting older and should have my life planned out. I still have no idea what I want to do career-wise. I'm open to suggestions!

I do plan to get back into the swing of things on here - that's my first goal for 2014. I would love to be more proactive, do more rather than just think or talk about doing more! Does that even make sense? Work on sentence structure, that could be the next thing...

Perhaps some photos now, these are personal photos. Mainly social gatherings and nights out. That seems to be all I've been doing this month with 5 nights out in one month. A little more than usual.

Candles at Katie and Pauls Wedding.

Katies handmade (by Katie) music paper bouquet.
Katie and Pauls wedding was magical. They had it through in Edinburgh at The Caves. Such an amazing venue, with a brilliant meal, fantastic band and even a hog roast later on! Amazing.
You can see for yourself Katies amazing dress and bouquet. She also had white  leather Jeffery Campbell Litas which she covered in music paper, so freaking cool!
The hen day was so much fun as well, it was vintage themed so I did my hair in victory rolls and we spent the day in Edinburgh. We shopped in a vintage boutique, had high tea at the Waldorf Astoria and then went to a burlesque show at night. We all enjoyed ourselves thouroghly.

The happy couple.

Me at the Wedding.
My birthday was lovely, I spent the day with Kyle who had put together a treasure hunt around the city. Which involved solving riddles and searching for clues. My prize was my birthday present...tickets to see Justin Timberlake!!! Far too excited for words!
Before my birthday Kyle and I headed to Alton Towers for the Scarefest. It was the last weekend of the season and it was my first time going. I've always wanted to go so I was so excited. The park did not disappoint and we went on so many rides! Waiting times weren't too bad, as I had expected. The newest ride, The Smiler, broke down just before lunchtime and didn't reopen all day unfortunately. We had a wonderful day regardless. The park was open from 9.30am-9pm and we were there all day as we got a coach package that took us there and back on the same day. By the time I got to bed I'd been awake for 36 hours - I cannot sleep on transportation! Totally worth it though.

Very misty morning at Alton Towers.


Kyle at Alton Towers.


My birthday present and wrapping paper from Ryan (aka Kyle)
On my birthday treasure hunt.

Kyle, my little sister Andie Mae and me on my birthday.

The girlies at my birthday night out.

Katie and I.

Silly faces.
Ringer.
It was my uncles 50th birthday at the end of November so he threw a huge party at his house. It was brilliant there was live music and the theme was 70s. There was lots of musicians and the like there, as well as lots of very well behaved children. I had a great night with my family and saw lots of people I remember from my childhood.

Kyle, Adam, Kirsty and me.
Another two of my close friends, Kirsty and Adam, got married at the start of January. It was a wonderful day and we got to spend lots of time with them over the course of the week. They have now moved away overseas so it will be a while until we see them again, so I'm glad we got to make some fantastic memories before they left.

I've probably missed a lot of things, but those are some of the highlights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...