Sunday 21 October 2012

Revlon Really Red Matte Lipstick

Ello!

For the past couple of years I've been in love with red lipstick, and recently I've been trying to spend a little more on them. Trying to look at them as an investment as red lips are a classic look. As I've mentioned in past posts I don't spend that much on beauty products, mainly because I spend a lot of money on clothes and food! So it's about time I start looking for some (slightly) more expensive products.

I'm not saying that cheaper brands aren't good, I have had some pleasant surprises with MUA and elf lipsticks. Namely, Posh by elf and one of MUAs deeper reds (which has no name...). I also like some of Bodycares' own range, Poison is a fantastic deep berry colour, I'm sure they have a bright red as well. I will do a lipstick collection post in the future I'm sure.

So, on to the main point of this post. I ordered a Revlon matte lipstick last week from ebay. I was initially looking at the Smashbox Be Legendary range - Infrared Matte in particular after seeing it in the October Issue of Look magazine. But it costs £15.50. So I started looking for other matte lipsticks and I came across the Revlon one, so I went to ebay and managed to find it for £5 so I jumped on it. The lipstick arrived just in time for our flat-warming, so I wore it that night. I was eating and drinking all night, and it lasted! I would say I got around 6 hours wear out of it before it faded in the centre of my lips.







It is so creamy and really opaque with one layer. I'm totally in love with this lipstick, and I may even buy it in a different shade. I must say I have really fallen in love with matte lipsticks. I think this one looks really good on paler skin, which is a relief seeing as I'm so very pale! Let me know you're thoughts and recommendations. I'll have more posts soon, perhaps not about lipstick next time, perhaps...

X

2 comments:

  1. Loveeely! Revlon lipsticks in general are amazing - my favourite is Black Cherry, although I also like Kiss Me Coral. For mattes I recommend Mauve it Over. Matte reds - Illamasqua's Encounter, Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet in La Fascinante, MAC Russian Red...cheaper options I like are NYX Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam, and I loved No7 Cherry but it's discontinued. I've heard great things on high end Burberry Lip Velvet, but also Rimmel & Kate Moss matte lipsticks, which have a couple reds in the line.
    Hope this helps!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! You're so knowledgeable, thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking about getting Russian Red as I have heard a lot of good things, and I do like MAC lipsticks. I've never tried anything by Illamasqua, other than perfume so that could be interesting. I just looked at the Burberry Lip Velvet, that packaging is crazy. Can't decide if I like it or not! I have been eyeing the Kate Moss collection for a while, one of those may be my next purchase. I bought my first NYX item today, I got the Nude on Nude palette, so I'm very excited to try it out. Thanks again! :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...