Monday 15 April 2013

MUA Blush Pefection in Bittersweet | Review + Swatches.

Before I start I wanted to say that this is my 100th post! Woo. :)

The MUA cream blushers are something I've been wanting to try for weeks, if not months. Last week I finally found the shade I wanted, after it being constantly out of stock. This particular shade is called Bittersweet and it cost me £2. MUA is always such a bargain!

Bittersweet is only my second foray into cream blushers, my first being the Revlon Photoready blusher in the shade Flushed - featured here. I've worn this MUA blusher a couple of times now and I must say I really like it. I wouldn't go as far as love, but it's more than decent, especially for the price.






The consistency of this blusher is quite slippery and it feels very thin. I apply it with my fingers and I think this is probably the best way as it makes it much easier to control how much product you're using. It's not highly pigmented, but it's also not too sheer. I like that it's easily buildable, blendable and the colour is beautiful. It's quite natural and gives the cheeks a healthy glow.



Top - Blended out, Bottom - One swipe.
The Good.

Nicely pigmented.
No weird smell.
Lovely colour.
Only £2.
Easy to apply.
Buildable.

The Bad.

Only 4 shades.
Packaging is just OK.
Slightly slippy - but doesn't affect application.
Contains parabens.

A few bad points this time, but I still enjoy the product and would recommend it as it's cheap and works well.

Have you tried this cream blusher before? I really want to try the Elf cream blushers, I think they look amazing, what do you think?


4 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely shade, so cheap too - I need to check out more drugstore blushes :)

    Dusterknuckles | Fashion // Beauty // Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty, I love MUA for their super affordable products! You really should, their powder blushers are also amazing. Sleek do some great ones too :)

      Xx

      Delete
  2. I had this and quite liked it, couldn't really complain for a pound ha :) but it smashed in my bag after a few weeks so I had tot throw it away :( boooo
    Didnt know it has parabens in though! Probably wouldn't repurchase knowing that xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is the cream blush, but I had the same problem with the powder blushers from them too. At least with a cream blusher there's no worry of smashing it!

      Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...