Wednesday 17 April 2013

Wednesday Waffle Weeks 16, 17, 18 + 19 | Paramore, Gilmore Girls and Reviews.


So I've been trying to write this for a while now, but Tumblr is distracting me. I've not been spending as much time on there as I used to, but it has sucked me in this evening. It has been quite some time since I've done one of these posts, a month to be exact. You would imagine that I have some super exciting excuse for missing all of these catch up posts, but no, just life and work getting in the way. Not that life isn't reason enough, it is.
Work has been crap, was left in charge for a couple of weeks. Crap. On a happier note I got a new job and I start it in 10 days.
During the past month I've also caught up with friends and family which has been great. I've also been ill rather a lot, from a flu to a rather nasty ear infection that seemed to affect my entire head and body. Boo, I'm still getting over that one! Dury duty selection next Wednesday, first time I'm up for it. Scary stuff...

On to what I've been loving this month...

Music.

Paramore - Paramore (self titled album).
Hanson - You can laugh but I love Hanson, they have loads of albums. It's not all about Mmmbop, I swear!
For more see here.



Food.

Soup and sandwiches - This seems to be my go-to meal at the moment.
Trying to cut way down on chocolate and crisps.

TV + Films.

G.I Joe: Retaliation - I hadn't seen the first one, but they catch you up and it's not exactly the most confusing storyline ever. An easy watch with plenty of action. 3.5/5.

Oz The Great and Powerful - James Franco, Rachel Weisz, Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams alongside some colourful costumes, sets and special effects make this film easy on the eyes. Overall the story and the film in general were a huge let down for me. I thought this was going to be the sort of film I would love. It did have it's moments and Findlay the monkey was my favourite thing about the whole film. 3/5.

Gilmore Girls - Yes, still obsessed. I took some sick days from work along with my usual two days off (so 5 days in a row) and I got through at least 3 seasons (22 eps a season at 45mins an ep, so around 50 hours worth). Safe to say I LOVE this show. 5/5.


I'm way, way behind on my reviews, so there will be a slight flurry of them over the next few weeks until I'm caught up! I hope to have a few random posts thrown in there for good measure and to try and mix things up a little.

I hope you're all well and that if you're at uni/college/school that you're not stressing out able coursework and exams too much. Just think, it's almost summer!

Random photo time!

Photo by Jennifer Nowell(me). Taken in Toronto, Canada. 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...