Wednesday 15 May 2013

Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick in Satin Bow | Review + Swatches.

Another review on a Collection product today! This one is a lipstick in the shade Satin Bow (£2.99). In my review of their felt tip liner I mentioned that I picked up a few other items by Collection, this is one of them. I'm very glad I bought this lipstick, it's lovely.

As the name Volume Sensation suggests it's one of those lip products that tingles slightly when you first put it on, I thought this would put me off but it's not too bad at all. I rather enjoy it actually! I can't say that it gives my lips any extra volume.

I would describe this shade as a very pretty soft pink colour, but it's not too nude. This is prefect for my skin tone, I find it hard to find a light pink colour that doesn't wash me out. In the photos it comes across as slightly brown in tone but it's more pink in person. It's glossy and feels a little moisturising as well as tingly. I'd say this lasts about 3 hours max on me, that's without eating or drinking.
To see me wearing this look here.





The Good. 

Pretty colour.
Only £2.99.
Nice texture.

The Bad.

Dislike the packaging.
Some people may not like the tingling sensation.
Not long lasting.

Even though the good and the bad are equal here I've been wearing this lipstick a lot recently. I was expecting the good to outweigh the bad if I'm honest, but I do recommend it anyway!

What do you think, do you like the look of this lipstick? Have you tried any Collection lipsticks?

One last thing, Cosmopolitan are taking nominations for their 2013 Blog Awards. If you think I deserve it I would be eternally grateful if you would recommend me in the Best New Beauty award!? It only takes a minute! Shameless self promotion going on here.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it but I hate reapplying make up so I might give this a miss. Thanks for the honest review, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this review helpful! You're probably right, if you hate reapplying then this really isn't for you. I find Revlon matte lipsticks to be one of the longer lasting varieties.

      Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...