Tuesday 21 May 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 110 Ivory | Review + Swatches.

Time for another review! Getting through them slowly but surely. This review is about Revlons Nearly Naked foundation (£8.99). I'm sure you've heard about it by now, it's huge in the blog world at the moment, or it has been in the past couple of months. As usual I'm a little behind!

I bought one of the lightest shades, Ivory. There was another light one called Shell but I thought this one was better suited to my skin tone. It matches pretty well which was surprising as most drugstore brands don't tend to have light enough shades for pale folk. The only other one I've found is Rimmels Match Perfection in 010 (review here).

So straight away I liked it because it matched my skin tone, great start. It also applies easily and quickly when using my Real Techniques Buffing brush. My skin is still very, very dry at the moment and I found it accentuated it even more. The Rimmel foundation does this too, rather annoying. Even if I exfoliate my skin beforehand it makes little difference.
Other than that I really like the feel and look of Nearly Naked. It is light to medium coverage which I like because my freckles still show through a little. It also feels nice and light so you don't really notice you're wearing make up. I'd say it lasts all day, but I tend to have to touch up sometimes because of my dry skin.
The thing that most people have an issue with is that it doesn't have a pump, but I don't find that to be a problem. You just need to be careful when you're pouring it out.
To see me wearing it click here.





The Good.

Matches my skin.
Feels light.
Light/Medium coverage.
Only £8.99.
Easy to apply.

The Bad.

Not a huge shade range for darker skin tones.
Accentuates dry skin.
No pump.

I've been wearing this foundation for the past couple of weeks and I really like it, I just wish my skin was in better condition as I think it would be perfect other than that!
Have you tried it, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...