Thursday 7 February 2013

MUA Matte Perfect Foundation + Pro-Brow Kit | Review.

MUA is a brand that I rate very highly, they are affordable, readily available and darn good quality if you ask me! I don't tend to have any problems with them at all. 
Here's the thing though, they suck at foundation shades. Now I'm aware there's not many drugstore brands that cater for very pale girls or very dark girls so I know they're not the only ones. To label this foundation as Fair though is ridiculous! It's barely even light. It also claims to be matte, and that it controls shine, which it does not. The somewhat embarrassing photo further down demonstrates this. This was a few minutes after I applied it by the way, I thought I'd give it time to sink in but it didn't. Perhaps if I'd left it a few more minutes it would have been fine but who has that long to sit about waiting for their foundation to dry?! 
I can't complain too much as I did expect this to happen and it only cost £2, but I wanted to put this information out there so perhaps some other people won't waste a couple of quid. This foundation will be given a new home asap, I'm sure one of my friends might be able to use it. Megan, I'm looking at you!



My expression says it all!

I must say I really like the brow kit, I mean, how cute are those tweezers?! A little useless, but adorable anyway, you can also pretend you're a giant which I love to do. The handy little kit comes with 3 shades of powder, a wax, double ended angled brush, mini tweezers and a little mirror in the lid for when you're on the move. All this for only £3.50, incredible! I used the darkest powder and it was perfect, I really like that it has 3 different shades too. You can use the lightest one to highlight your brow bone if you want...as the back of the kit suggests. The little brushes are pretty naff but they do the job.




The brow kit is something I've been needing, and I am pleased with it. It's a shame about the foundation however.
Have you tried either of these products, if so, how did you get on with them?

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...