Monday 21 January 2013

Beyoncé Heat Perfume Set | Review.

Ello, it's Monday again and we're reaching the end of January! How does the time fly by so quickly?

This post is about another present I got for Christmas, this time from Kyles aunt. Once again I am very lucky and wasn't expecting anything, what a lovely surprise! I'd actually been looking at this quite a while ago, but I'm never one to buy myself fragrances. It's the Heat by Beyoncé fragrance set. In it you get the bottle of perfume, an exfoliating shower gel and a body lotion with gold shimmer through it.





I'm awful at describing scents so here's what it says on the website:


"An alluring, modern fragrance, Beyoncé Heat embodies that compelling spirit. This floral, fruity, woody perfume features rare, sensual flowers and is both feminine and irresistible.

Top Notes.

A radiant floral bouquet of Red Vanilla Orchid, Magnolia and Neroli, balanced with a kiss of luscious blush Peach.

Heart Notes.

A sensual combination of Almond Macaroon, Honeysuckle Nectar and Crème de Musk.

Base Notes.

A warm and sexy dry-down of giant Sequoia Milkwood, Tonka Bean and Amber."


I reckon the reason I like this so much is because it's more fruity and woody than floral and sweet. It is a little sweet when you first put it on but once it settles in it's more musky and I love that. I have White Musk from The Body Shop and it's one of my favourite smells ever, and it reminds me of my mum. It does say it's floral in the description but it's not the usual floral scents and this makes it more interesting and a little unusual. In a good way!
I especially like the body lotion, I put it on my arms mainly and I'm constantly smelling them when I'm wearing it haha! The lotion smells amazing and the shimmer adds a subtle glow to the skin. The scent lasts pretty much all day, it does get a little fainter but not much. I find the perfume doesn't last as long as the lotion. Any time I hear the word 'lotion' I can't help but think of Silence of the Lambs!



If you're looking for something a little different and a little bolder than a lot of the softer, subtle fragrances out there then this is for you!
The bottle is lovely too. One thing I'm not sure on is the tagline - Catch the Fever...
What do you think?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...